A LA CARTE SERVICES
1. Developmental Editing - detailed structural critique of works in progress with advice and recommendations regarding marketability. $20 per project max of 10,000 words.
2. Line Editing - a review of key aspects of a completed manuscript: the narrative, vocabulary, structure, characterization, style, and development, $25/hour (5-8 pages per hour)
3. Copy Editing - a review of grammar, spelling, usage, punctuation and consistency in a completed manuscript $25/hour ( 5-8 pages per hour)
4. Book Cover Design. Related promotional items design. $25/ hour
5. Formatting of manuscript for print and ebook. $20/hr
6. Proofreading final manuscript. Beta Readers. Negotiable.
7. Retail sales of books not published by Filidh Publishing at our various conference vendors' booths and via our website. 45% of retail price
CONTRACTED SERVICES -
Our fees for these services are waived in exchange for a portion of royalties, as agreed, on initial sale of each copy of the book in all versions for length of contract.
These services are negotiated individually and may include any of the above and/or any of the following:
1. Publication of book(s) under Filidh Publication, Filidh Books and FilidhBooks4Kids imprints.
2. Mentoring: Networking assistance for authors to illustrators, editors and other resources to complete and promote their work and themselves.
3. Retail sale of books published by Filidh Publishing at various events and assistance to find events to sign, sell and promote the book and the author.
4. Wholesale Sales of books published by Filidh Publishing online and to retail outlets via distribution partners at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Lulu, ibookstore, nook, itunes, Kindle, Kobo.
Submissions of completed book manuscripts (final edit) in an electronic format (ie Word .docx) accepted for publication contract consideration. Attach sample chapters #3 and #10 to an email which includes a brief (500 word max) summary of the concept of the work. Adult fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Youth/Young Adult fiction or non-fiction. Not accepting children's picture books currently. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER - We reserve the right to refuse to publish any work submitted as it must meet our standards of quality and potential sales. Authors may purchase copies of the book at print cost to sell or giveaway away. We do not advance editorial or art design fees, pay travel, or otherwise subsidize authors. We will assist you to promote yourself within your travel time restrictions and budget. Writing the book is the easy part. The work really begins once you are published. We are pleased to help you on your journey.